Tasty Trout Recipe
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Although this has quite a hefty preparation time, much of this can be prepared in advance meaning only a few minutes of cooking time.
Fish can be introduced to your baby from 6 months but many parents choose to wait until their baby is a little older since it is a common allergen.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-20 minutes
2 x skinless and boneless trout fillets
3-4 tbsp breadcrumbs (or 2-3 slices of Leftover toast)
1 handful of pine nuts
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp butter (the butter which may accompany your fish is good)
4-6 fresh chopped basil leaves (½ tsp dried)
4-6 fresh chopped sage leaves (½ tsp dried sage)
- Blitz the pine nuts in a food mixer then pop in a dry frying pan on a low heat to toast for a couple of minutes – be careful not to burn them
- Once the pine nuts are done, take the pan off the heat and turn the hob off – you won’t be needing it again
- Blitz the toast and basil and sage in to breadcrumbs and tip in to the pan with the pine nuts
- Melt the butter in the microwave then add it to the pan along with the lemon juice and mix it altogether
- Grease a baking tray and lay the trout fillets skin-down.
- Spoon the mixture on top, patting it down and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Cover with cling-film and pop in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Pre-heat the grill to low and pop the baking tray on a low shelf to prevent the pine nuts from burning.
- Cook the trout for around 10-15 minutes. The exact time will depend on how thick your trout fillets are. Serve with a spinach salad or Tricolour Salad (page 209 of Yummy Discoveries - The baby-led weaning recipe book) and steamed baby potatoes.
Tip: Do steps 1-8 the night before or whilst your little one is enjoying a nap and then step 9 just before dinner.
Tip: You can also use trout to make Fish Fingers (Page 55 of Yummy Discoveries - The Baby-led weaning recipe book)
|Copyright to Yummy Discoveries Ltd.|
We like to set our little ones a good example and encourage sharing. We don't mind you using any of the information, recipes and tips from our website, all we ask is that you credit us hard-working mummies here at Yummy Discoveries.
Thank you x