Spring Slow-cooker Lamb Recipe
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 hours
500g Diced Lamb (we used chump)
1 onion (chopped)
1 tin of plum tomatoes
2-4 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 tbsp plain flour
500ml chicken stock
Squidge of tomato puree
4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary (essential – the dried stuff just doesn’t cut it)!
Ground Black Pepper
6 rashers of bacon (optional)
- Heat the oil on a medium-high heat in a large frying pan and add the lamb, stirring until it’s evenly browned
- Remove the lamb with a slotted spoon and pop it in the bowl of the slow cooker
- Add the bacon (if using), onion and garlic to the pan and cook for several minutes until the onion is soft
- Stir in the flour and add the stock, plum tomatoes, tomato puree, rosemary and ground black pepper and bring to the boil
- Pour the mixture over the meat, pop the lid on and cook on low for 8-10 hours
This is yummy served with pasta, noodles or rice with a helping of veggies.
This recipe served 2 adults and a preschooler for dinner with enough left over for the preschooler’s meal which we served as a jacket potato filling.
We like to set our little ones a good example and encourage sharing. We don't mind you using any of the information, recipes and tips from our website, all we ask is that you credit us hard-working mummies here at Yummy Discoveries.
Thank you x