Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Flavours and textures are symbiotic so the more flavours you expose your little one to, the more textures they will accept. Our Prawn, Avocado & Mango Salad recipe with salty prawns, sweet mango and citrus dressing has an abundance of flavours. It’s also a tumble of textures with crunchy lettuce, creamy avocado and slippery mango, perfect for waking up a little ones tastebuds. Serve as a simple salad and save any leftovers as a filling for a wrap.
Cooked (and peeled) prawns can be introduced to your baby from 6 months and honey from 12 months. Here is a quick and easy recipe for Prawn, Avocado and Mango Salad.
Prawn, Avocado & Mango Salad
Serves 2 big people and 1 little person
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
2 little gem lettuce
Handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
¼ - ½ tsp chilli
1tsp honey (use 1tsp white grape juice concentrate as a substitute in under 1’s
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and mango before slicing in to thin segments
- Peel the mango and remove the stone and cut in to strips
- Wash and tear the lettuce
- To make the dressing, grate the zest of half a lime, then juice the lime in to the same bowl
- Add the coriander, chilli, honey and oil and whisk
- Mix it all together and serve
White grape juice concentrate is available in most supermarkets, often sold with the other fruit juices.