These are really yummy snack foods. I often make them at the weekend and the whole family munch on them through the week. It's adapted from a recipe by Jamie Eason.
- 400g Turkey Mince
- 1 egg
- 3 handfuls of porridge oats
- 1/2 onion
- 2 carrots
- Dash of all-purpose seasoning
- Unsalted butter (for greasing)
- Optional: Pinch of mustard powder, few chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Finely chop the onion, carrots and oats. I just chuck them all in the food blender
3. Mix all the ingredients together
4. Lightly grease muffin tins with butter and put a dollop of the mixture in. It will stay the same size so make your muffins as big/small as you like.
5. Pop in the oven for around 30 minutes or until done
Note: This recipe is best served to babies from around 9 months. They fall apart quite easily in the mouth so you might find a younger baby who is new to weaning gags a fair bit when tackling a turkey muffin.